Monday, April 28, 2008

Another Brick In The Wall

I look forward to writing articles about my favorite band, Jethro Tull! I have been a fan since fourteen and am now a bigger fan than ever. I remember being struck by Aqualung and Locomotive Breath on the radio. I knew this band was truly different. I loved the sound of the music. My eighth grade science teacher was a big fan and from that faithful generation that Tull had emerged out of. As did many other legendary rock groups. But none like Tull. I became an avid fan after hearing Original Masters, which was a a best of compilation, including classics such as Aqualung, Too old to rock and roll, Bungle in the jungle, Sweet Dream, Songs form the wood and more. It wasn't until I got the Aqualung album that I became a real fan. Then I worked my way up from there, from Thick As a Brick, Stand Up, Benefit and others.

I was lucky enough to attend a Tull concert last year, that was a life changing experience for a fan such as myself. And I hope to see them again, this summer in Boston. I am thankful to be on this blog, and I thank Jim the founder of the site for inviting me on. It is a pleasure to be here. I am excited to be writing about the music I love the most.

1 comment:

Jakob said...

Nice to have you here Brick and I am looking forward to reading your insites to Tull.

From one next generation neo-classical Tull rocker to another, keep the faith!

As always,

Jakob (aka Slippery Jim)